Monday, March 06, 2006

The Folly of Punctuation.

The new punctuation, when placed upon a page, is more monstrous than I would have imagined possible. The chief evil of the glabback lies in it[insert glabback]s gargantuan size - it is approximately 500 times larger than a common full stop, and quite ruins the natural flow of a sentence, and crushes nearby letters. It is an enormous chore to draw it every time, and wastes a great deal of indian ink.

The hurd-glabback is approximately 2000 times smaller than a common full stop, and invisible to the naked eye. All books and newspapers will have to be read with the aid of a powerful microscope. This is wicked folly.

I have buried all today's writing in the back garden, for it provides painful proof of the devlish punctuation, and I check every hour to see if it has rotted away. It has yet to decompose. I must think of this no more, and strive to forget my sins. Through this, it will be as though the sins never existed to haunt me in my waking hours.

No comments: