Monday, February 20, 2006

A Bee Theory

Inspired by the erudition of my academic visitors, today I have developed a bold hypothesis that runs counter to the received wisdom of prominent western apiculturists. It has long been held that bees create honey through the theft of flower-nectar, which they take back to their hives and mix with hot wax. However, I believe that this theory is bunk and I aim to prove it through long nights of research.

It is my contention that honey actually derives from miniature udders that dangle from the fuzzy underside of bees. I believe that ants or aphids sneak into the hives at night and gently milk the bees as they doze. Beekeepers then crack open the hives and behold the liquid sweetness within, which they then purloin and sell to local schools, etc.


No comments: